Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Father's Day...already???


Sure, go ahead and ask...why are you making Father's Day Cards before you make Mother's Day cards? Well, I joined a swap that is absolutely killing me...I enjoy the thrill of creating a card, but mass reproduction is just not my thing! I am tired of the card 5 minutes into making it...anyway, here is what I came up with for this swap. {I have a hard time with the manly card}. This card is made from the Pines set from Stampin' Up. I used Brocade Blue, More Mustard, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip paper. I scored the paper at 1 1/2 and 7 instead of just down the middle so that I could add the cute little eyelet ties. I stamped my moose on Chocolate Chip paper and cut him out and popped him up on dimensionals for a little depth. My final step was to distress the 1/2 circles with water and let them dry before putting brass eyelets through them and wrapping the hemp to close the card...it kinda reminds me of an interoffice envelope :) Enjoy!

No comments: