Friday, May 25, 2007

Did Someone Say Party?


Today we have a birthday party for one of my cousins kids and he *loves* anything Mario related. You know, the Mario from the Nintendo that we played as kinds circa '80s. Yes, he has stood the test of time and he still around. So, of course, Stampin' Up doesn't have Mario stamps, so I had to get creative and this is what I came up with :) First, you cant do a Mario card with out using the bold brights (not my favorite color group) so I used real red for the base, added brillant blue, glorious green, and yoyo yellow for accents. I brought my cuttlebug out to play and embossed the blue background with dots and cut out the yellow tag that reads happy birthday. I stamped the 'happy birthday' from my Eat Cake set. I downloaded the Mario images from Wikipedia. You can find anything there and used my Stampin' Up nested square punches for the cutout and the border. Tied on some non SU ribbon and we am ready to party!

2 comments:

Corie said...

This is too cute, I love it

Anonymous said...

Well said.