Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ode to Mom


Ok, so Mothers Day is just around the corner and being the procrastinator I am, I am just now getting around to making cards... I seem to work better under pressure anyway :) Here is what I came up for with my own mother in mind. My mom is very young and hip and so just any old pastel flower/combo wasn't going to work, so I went kinda retro this time. I dug out one of my favorite sets Polka Dot Posies from the summer 06 mini (wink: hoping it makes it into the catalog) and used some of my favorite Cool Caribbean cardstock...figure I better use it before its gone with the wind. My layout idea came from last weeks challenge on SCS. I love that challenge because its different. The background is from Polka Dot and Paisley...boy is it hard to line that stamp up, even with the Stampamajig...popped everything up on dimensionals and added my much hoarded hodgepodge hardware...gotta use that stuff more because I think it just adds that extra punch to a card. Also used my new word window punch (love it) on the bottom and the words that show through the window that you cant see say "my friend". Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card! Welcome to the wonderful world of stamp-blogging! Hope you keep the great stuff coming!!!

Allison Rankin said...

The colors and layout are great here!